MEMBER SERVICES ASSISTANT
Member Services Department
15 Hours per week
Palatine Public Library District has an immediate opening for a friendly, welcoming, customer service oriented individual who enjoys working with the public. Primary responsibilities include assisting members, checking out library materials, issuing library cards, collecting fines and fees, and promoting library services to the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to reflect our diverse community through our dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion. A complete job description is located at www.palatinelibrary.org.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Check in, check out, sort, and shelve library materials
- Customer service experience in a similar environment preferred
- Ability to communicate skillfully, accurately, and pleasantly, including answering and directing member inquiries and answering phones
- Working knowledge of personal computers and internet applications
- Excellent customer service and people skills are required
The ideal candidate will share our vision of inspiring connection, curiosity, and joy. Candidates will enjoy providing assistance to others and be comfortable working in a team environment. Bilingual skills of Spanish, Polish, Tagalog, or Chinese preferred, but not required.
Physical requirements include: speaking, hearing, vision and keyboarding ability sufficient to adequately perform the job, ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds and lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently.
Shifts available days, evenings and weekends.
Hours may be adjusted based on the needs of the department. May include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Salary: $14.17 per hour
Employment applications are available at www.palatinelibrary.org, at the Welcome Desk at the Main Library, or at any of the branch locations. Please indicate the position you are applying for on the application. Submit completed application to the Human Resources Department or email@example.com.