Part-Time Reference Librarian
Cook Memorial Public Library District is seeking a friendly, innovative and flexible person with a strong commitment to public service to work in the Adult Service Reference Department. Cook Memorial Public Library District serves nearly 60,000 residents from two full-service locations: Aspen Drive Library in Vernon Hills and Cook Park Library in Libertyville. CMPLD is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Answers reference questions utilizing online catalog, print resources, Internet, and subscription databases.
- Reviews and evaluates publications and Internet resources in order to select materials in assigned subject areas. Withdraws titles from collection based on accepted weeding principles.
- Assists patrons with Library digital collections.
- Assists patrons with equipment in digital studios.
- Operates and performs basic troubleshooting of library computers and equipment.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Two years of library reference experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with general print reference materials, databases, and Internet resources.
- Knowledge and experience with digital formats and devices.
- Strong technology aptitude, including proficiency with electronic equipment and interest in emerging technology.
- Knowledge of and commitment to high quality reference practices, and a demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts at Cook Park Library in Libertyville and Aspen Drive Library in Vernon Hills.
Benefits: 457 savings plan, paid sick and scheduled holidays.
Apply online at www.cooklib.org/jobs Open thru May 17, 2021:
Address all correspondence to Marla Littlefield, Human Resources Generalist