We're looking for someone to join our Collection Development Team who has a passion for curating collections to meet the needs of Addison patrons. This individual will be responsible for cultivating music, graphic novel, manga, science fiction, fantasy, romance, and audiobook collections. We encourage and expect our staff to focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion when assessing collections. Collection Development staff work closely with public service staff to facilitate interlibrary loan and market the collections.
What we're looking for:
· Skills: organized, detail-orientated, excellent English written and verbal communication
· Knowledge: current collection development tools and techniques, the publishing industry
· Education: An MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
What we offer:
· A supportive work environment that focuses on serving the Addison community
· Professional development opportunities
· Flexible work schedule
· Generous accrued paid time off including vacation and sick leave.
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and protection of user privacy and confidentiality.
We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume.