Are you customer-service-oriented? Do you enjoy working in a team environment serving a diverse community? We're looking for a part-time Material Management Shelving Clerk to assist in the accessibility and maintenance of the collection by shelving library materials.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to put books in alphabetical and numerical order without errors.
- Knowledge of Dewey decimal classification system.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the public and staff.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to reach, bend, and lift to shelve and retrieve library materials.
- Ability to push a cart.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to set priorities, make independent decisions, and exercise discretion with patrons and staff.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings.
- Two years of high school and at least 16 years of age.
What we offer:
- A supportive work environment that focuses on serving the Addison community
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous accrued paid time off, including vacation and sick leave.
Dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy, the Addison Public Library provides opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and user privacy and confidentiality protection.
We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume