The Aurora Public Library District is seeking a part-time energetic and reliable courier to provide friendly service to our customers.
- Delivery and pick up of library materials to and from branches and area schools
- Delivery and pick up of documents to and from the City of Aurora
- Fueling library vehicles
- Posting and sorting mail
- Dropping off mail and packages to USPS/UPS/FedEx
- Perform incidental maintenance duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum one-year work experience
- Valid Illinois Driver's License and good driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transport or move up to 100 pounds
Pro-rated vacation, holiday, personal and sick days
Our strategic plan includes Advancing through Equity, Achieving School Success, Restoring Aurora and Welcoming New Americans. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf