READERS Services Associate
The Rolling Meadows Library is looking for a part-time Reader Services Associate to join our team in the dynamic Readers Services Department. The ideal candidate for this position would have the ability to work with the public in a professional and courteous manner, have a working knowledge of fiction, movies, music, and popular culture, and possess excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties:
· Staffing the Readers Advisory and Welcome Desk
· Conducts patron interviews in person and over the phone
· Assists patrons in the use of the online catalog and readers advisory resources
· Creates and maintains displays and booklists
· Assists with developing the fiction and AV collections
· Assists with the planning of adult and teen reading programs
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Knowledge of community needs and interests along with a strong commitment to public service is necessary.
Submit your application, cover letter, and resume by: PDF format preferred
Scan and E-mail to: RMLemployment@rmlib.org
Or you can drop off your application materials at the Library Welcome Desk