The Elmwood Park Public Library is seeking a friendly, adaptive Adult Services Library Associate. This person will provide quality customer service, reader's advisory, programming and technology assistance to patrons and instruct them in the use of library resources. They will also assist with displays, statistics, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish, Ukrainian, or Polish) and experience providing technology assistance preferred.
Who We are Looking For:
- The ideal candidate for this job is enthusiastic, curious, and independent.
- Applicants should enjoy working with the public, be proficient in the use of technology, and demonstrate familiarity with popular materials in a variety of formats.
- This candidate must demonstrate a willingness and aptitude for problem solving and strong communication skills.
What We Offer:
- A supportive, fun, and collaborative work environment.
- Prorated vacation and sick time, personal time, and holiday pay.
- Professional development opportunities and the ability to serve on library-wide committees.
- We are a convenient location for public transportation with access to the Metra Milwaukee West Line across the street, and PACE Bus #307 and #319 steps away from the library.
If interested in this position, please take a look at the full Job Description, as well as EPPL's Culture Statement, then send a resume and cover letter to Mandy McGee (email@example.com), Head of Adult Services. No phone calls, please.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. The Elmwood Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.