Education & Experience:
Required: Bachelor's degree in any field and at least one year of work experience in an administrative capacity. Preferred: Work experience in an academic environment.
Scholarship Support:Format, proofread, and prepare documents for publication; help market new articles by uploading documents to institutional repository and website. Time: 30%
Class Support: Assist with courses on learning management platform; reserve AV equipment and rooms as needed, assist with day-to-day class needs; help faculty prepare and manage exams and evaluations. Time: 30%
Project Support: Assist faculty with committee work; plan events; provide support to students; assist with design work; assist with reviewing new technologies for faculty use. Time: 20%
Day-to-Day Support: Assist faculty with day-to-day support needs such as help with documents and processing faculty expense requests. Time: 10%
Other Duties: Other duties as assigned. Time: 10%
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong proofreading/editing skills.
- Highly accurate typing skills.
- Strong skills with document formatting.
- Strong skills using spreadsheets for organization and calculation.
- Advanced skills with office suite products, such as MS Office or Google Apps.
- Capacity to learn new database or reporting software.
- Basic skills with Acrobat Pro.
- Experience managing upload of papers and other materials to a website.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Extremely organized and self-directed, with attention to detail. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Customer-service-focused and flexible in meeting deadlines.
- Experience with course/learning management systems such as Blackboard.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience working with faculty.
- Experience working with students.
- Experience working with an institutional repository.
- Experience searching in academic research databases.
- Experience with event planning.
- Basic design skills.