Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Abbott Research Center (ARC) in Abbott Park, IL is seeking a collaborative and engaging Data, Visualization, and Technology Analyst to join a global and dynamic team of information professionals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Data, Visualization, and Technology Analyst will work in collaboration with the ARC Technology and Content teams to support global employee access to ARC information resources, maintain internal SharePoint portals, and produce data analytics that drive strategy, action, and decision-making. They will also work closely with the Patent, Biomedical, and Business Research teams on projects that require discovering and analyzing data from published clinical, biomedical, and patent literature sources.
- Collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams to support multifaceted projects.
- Follow best practices and internal team procedures; actively develop and apply skills and knowledge to advance our organization.
- Support global employee base by troubleshooting technical access issues specific to library access mechanisms employed by ARC.
- Maintain and update internal SharePoint portals, including HTML and CSS scripting.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of vendor systems and foster good relationships with vendors, in conjunction with the Global Content Management team.
- Implement new vendor systems, including setting up single sign-on connections.
- Maintain self-service data analysis/visualization dashboards for internal ARC metrics that help drive better workflow efficiencies.
- Develop essential data insights by analyzing and profiling complex data, creating reusable data assets, and producing insightful visualizations.
- Develop processes for advanced research projects with ARC researchers, including combining data from multiple licensed resources and potentially employing Python (or similar) scripting.
- Implement scholarly search APIs and embed into ARC researcher and/or customer deliverable platforms.
- Collaborate with ARC researchers to analyze research data and package it into insightful deliverables for competitive intelligence.
- Provide mobile capabilities for ARC services as needed.
- Automate workflows and processes for data projects and content delivery/access mechanisms where possible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- Exceptional customer focus and high degree of professionalism to allow agile and proactive responses to changing business demands and opportunities.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Exhibit a sense of intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Foster an environment that encourages inclusion and respect for diverse opinions.
- Work effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly; take ownership of results.
- SharePoint development experience; intermediate HTML and CSS.
- Advanced data analysis skills (Python, R, Excel, PowerQuery, PowerBI).
- Familiarity with scientific literature, patent, and news databases and methods for extracting information from them.
- Web developer experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python a plus.
- Familiarity with library authentication mechanisms (single sign-on, EZproxy) a plus.
- Ability to implement APIs; experience with scholarly search APIs a plus.
- Visual or graphic design skills or aptitude a plus.
- Library or information services background helpful.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3-5 years job experience.
- Master's degree in Library/Information Science, Data Science, or similar.
This is a full-time position located at Abbott Headquarters (Abbott Park, IL).