Examples of Duties:
• Performs check in and check out of library materials, places items on reserve, and other routine operations on the library's computer system.
• Registers new patrons for library cards and renews registrations for current patrons.
• Shelves materials, straightens shelves and displays.
• Answers the telephone and responds to inquiries and/or routes calls to correct department.
• Maintains accurate records of financial transactions at circulation desk for items such as fines, damage charges, and lost and paid materials.
• Provides readers advisory service to patrons. Ability to provide high quality, customer-focused service to patrons of all ages.
• Ability to work independently as well as to work effectively as a member of a larger team within the library, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors, employees, and the general public.
• Promotes and represents Rock Island Public Library at local events and online promotions.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Applications are accepted online only at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockisland/jobs/3052421/branches-.... Read the job announcement for the full job description and application instructions. If you have any questions regarding the application process, you may contact the City of Rock Island's Human Resource Department at 309-732-2050.