The Addison Public Library is seeking a customer-focused Children's Services Associate to help connect patrons with their interests and information needs. Along with providing an exceptional patron experience at the Children's Services desk, you will have the opportunity to provide programming support and assist with promotions and outreach.
What we are looking for:
- A positive attitude.
- Passion for working with the public and connecting them to resources.
- Effective, enthusiastic, and respectful communication.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
- Knowledge of children's literature and child development.
- Ability to work weekend and evening.
- Excellent customer service skills with two years of experience
- LTA or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Directly related experience and/or enrollment in higher education may be considered in place of the degree requirement.
- Two years of customer service experiences required.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Access to transportation required.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is essential.
Please review the complete job description for more details.
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth including tuition reimbursement.
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library.
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and protection of user privacy and confidentiality.
We strongly encourage bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume no later than December 8th to Human Resources (HR@addisonlibrary.org). Please include "Children's Services Associate Candidate" in the subject line.