The Addison Public Library is seeking a customer-focused Teen's Services Associate to help connect teens with their interests and information needs. Along with providing an exceptional patron experience, you will have the opportunity to provide programming support and assist with promotions and outreach. The library is across the street from the junior high school making the Teen's Department a busy place in the afternoon.
What we are looking for:
- A positive attitude.
- Passion for working with the public and connecting them to resources.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and serve as a mentor to regular teen patrons.
- Effective, enthusiastic, and respectful communication.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
- Knowledge of young adult literature and adolescent development.
- Excellent customer service skills with two years of experience.
- LTA or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Directly related experience and/or enrollment in higher education may be considered in place of the degree requirement.
- Two years of customer service experiences required.
- One evening shift a week required.
- Access to transportation required.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is essential.
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth including tuition reimbursement.
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas.
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave.
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library.
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and protection of user privacy and confidentiality.
Please review the complete job description for more details.
We strongly encourage bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume no later than January 30th to Human Resources (HR@addisonlibrary.org). Please include "Teen's Services Associate" in the subject line.