Blue Island Public Library is seeking a friendly, self-motivated, and creative individual to provide excellent public service in the Library's busy Adult Services Department. The selected individual will plan programming and events for the educational and cultural benefit of Blue Island citizens, while promoting and publicizing library services and resources. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, be well-organized and able to work independently.
Blue Island Public Library is highly utilized public amenity, priding ourselves on tailoring our programming and services to our community. The Library is implementing a new Strategic Plan in the coming year, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to implement their own ideas and strategies to reach our programming, marketing and outreach goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to reflect our diverse community through our dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion. For a complete job description, please visit www.blueislandlibrary.org
- Masters in Library and Information Science, will consider MLS candidate with combination of skills and experience.
- 2+ years related experience in a comparable business, organization, or library.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service experience to patrons, ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware and software issues.
- Experience with graphic design software, digital presentation software a plus.
- Digital communications and social media marketing experience a plus.
- Collection development and budget management experience preferred.
- Written and spoken Spanish language fluency preferred.
This full time position requires working daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com