The Dolton Public Library District is looking for a friendly, outgoing, energetic individual to work in our Youth Service Department. The person would be involved in planning, promoting, outreaching in the community and implementing programs for children from toddler age to teens. Assists with reference services or other departments with library programming as needed. Assisting patrons with electronic resources or other basic library services. The ideal candidate should be organized and creative that enjoys working with both children and adults.
Candidates that apply need to:
- Enjoy working with children age toddler to teens, as well as adults
- Is well-versed with today's technologies
- Can work well independently, as well as, a team-player
- Have a Library Technical Asst. (LTA) Certification from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Competency in current technologies.
- Competency with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work various hours, including days, evenings and weekends.
Applicants email documents to:
Please send your cover letter, resume and three references to:
Application Contact: Allyson Withers
Dolton Public Library District
14037 Lincoln Avenue
Dolton, IL 60419 No Phone Calls Please